02 September 2011

Until Now

On the television downstairs, River Phoenix is singing a song that breaks my heart, Until Now.  It's from a movie called The Thing Called Love, and if you've never heard it...here it is:

The thing about this movie, about this song, is that I watched it and listened to it over and over when I was in high school, and I always believed this is how I would feel when I finally met that person that changed my life.  You know the one that you feel you've known your whole life even though you've just met?  The one you can talk to about anything, the ugly, scary, horrible things you never even said out loud to yourself?  The one whose voice curls inside you and lights a fire, warm enough to keep you through the coldest nights?  

I was right about that song, about the way I would feel when that person arrived in my life, but I was wrong about who we would be to each other.  Until now, I believed in forever.  

I don't know how I could have been so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment