28 September 2011

3 Laughs

I have been writing a lot of personally introspective things lately, so tonight I'm taking a break.  These three moments have made me laugh in the past couple of days.  They say a lot about my sense of humor.

I.
Today I misread an email subject that read "Excuse for Gymnastics"--as in please excuse these students who will miss class for a gymnastics tournament--to read "Excuse for Gymnastics" as in these students are our excuse for having a gymnastics program.

I laughed right out loud at myself.  Go me.

II.
Yesterday, after texting a student who was missing from rehearsal, I received a text saying I had the wrong number (I later learned the missing student had incorrectly written his cell number).  I replied "Sorry," and the following text exchange occurred:

Anon: That's okay.  I play the kazoo, can I come rehearse?
Me: Uhh, no thanks, but good luck with the kazoo.
Anon:  Hey, thanks.  My mom says I'm really good at it.

(I secretly wish I knew who this person was so I could tell him/her they made me laugh)

III.
A private joke about "just sitting there and doing nothing" has been making me laugh all day and night since it was first used in the exact way you're thinking it was used earlier today.

Sometimes, a little laughter is all it takes.

I had a lot of it today, much needed, with the friend from III.  Here's to more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment