28 August 2011

Acceptance

I accept the things I cannot change: other people and the weather.

I accept the only thing I can change is myself.

I accept that sometimes other people--and the weather--will disappoint me in ways I'd never imagined and cause me to reevaluate who I am and everything I had believed.

I accept that forgiveness is necessary to my own well being.

I accept myself as I am and will not settle for anyone who doesn't feel the same about me or about themselves.

I accept that no matter how much I love someone, I cannot make them love themselves.

I accept that my emotions are valid, real, and important.

I accept that for some, the truth is just too ugly or too hard to live.

I accept my role in the positive and negative events of my life.

I accept that fear exists, but I refuse to be ruled by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment