23 June 2012

25-50-75: Day 27

25
No more progress in terms of pounds, but I am feeling better about my food choices and the way I treat my body.  I've also not gone to the pool in a little while.  It isn't that I don't still love the sun and the easy lull of the water, but even with sunscreen I could see the freckles popping out across my face, and I don't love them.  So, I need a new sunhat (I seem to have lost the cute one I bought at the beginning of the summer).

50
Less progress here than I'd hoped.  I'm still stuck on the Udall.  It's good, but I'm not as interested in finishing it as I am in other things I've been reading.  Working my way through things for school--I can't imagine spending the summer not thinking about what I will teach during the year--has been really good.  I'm teaching a class I've never taught, and I have a good plan for it finally, now I just need to tweak the other courses.

The other book I'm reading is The Gift of Imperfection by Brene Brown.  Self-help?  Maybe, but I am not too proud to admit when I need a little help, and this one is all about the necessity of self-acceptance as the road to pure and unconditional love.  I believe that true and passionate love will be mine, but I want to be whole enough to accept and enjoy it, and for that to happen, I have to be healthy in all forms.


No comments:

Post a Comment