23 December 2011

Light

First day of holiday break.  Shopping/errands, laundry, "Crimes & Misdemeanors" on HBO, Charlie Rose w/Angelina Jolie, some new Caramel Chai tea, gave the dog a bath, now watching "You've Got Mail."

I love this movie for so many reasons.

1. It's New York, and though I don't think I could ever live in that city, it is incredible and I have been itching, itching, itching to revisit it for a very long time.  I especially want to go here: The Strand

2.  It's about bookstores, and people who love books, and smart people who love to talk about books.

3.  It's about falling in love with someone whose heart and mind speak to you on a level you didn't know existed.

4.  But most of all, it's about hope.  That everything will get better, that life can be beautifully rich and lovely and full of warm sweet tenderness and I love this movie because I want all of that.  All all all of that.

So, happy holidays, all.  Here's to light in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. This movie is one of my favorites. I have been known to cry during the scene where Meg Ryan's character remembers dancing with her mother in the back of the store. As you say, a true example of light.

    ReplyDelete