04 October 2011

Spaces

I am a creature of space.  I always have been.  Pictures from my childhood bedrooms show them as rooms no one could have inhabited but me.  Wallpapered with posters of Kirk Cameron and New Kids on the Block in middle school, then ads torn from Interview magazine in high school, glossy photos from theatre programs I thought I'd attend, quotations I loved.

In college, more of the same.  Interview stuck around a long time, Rolling Stone covers, poems I loved, song lyrics, photos of friends and family.  I've always needed the place I lived to look, to feel like me.  To really reflect who I am.  And, I've been blessed that my spaces have--usually--brought me great peace.

The house I'm in now has a copse of trees to the north that rushes in the breeze with the sweetest song, my sky pinks and purples, oranges and blues with each sun rise and set, and inside the rooms reflect everything about my personality from childhood til now.

Today, I was in a new space for a little bit.  A space I hope to spend a lot of time in, a space that could--potentially--feel as much like home as this one.

Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment