07 October 2011

I Love My Job

I love my job.  I work with kids all day long that remind me what it means to be youthful, hopeful, excited about the future, full of the wonder and total joy that possibility breeds in the human heart.

Today I got to tour the C-SPAN Campaing 2012 bus that stopped at our school so that our amazing Student Council kids could interview them.

Later in the morning, a former student sent me this image from Pinterest that reminded her of me--it's spot on and I loved that she sent it.


Another stopped by to hug me in the middle of a class.

After school I learned another former student just became the newest intern at the Art Institute of Boston gallery--I couldn't be more proud of her if I was paid to be.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

I know, every single day, that the job I do touches lives and makes a difference.  But, not just for them.  Being a teacher helps me to be a better me.

If it weren't for my job, it would be pretty easy for me to turn inward, get dark, and focus only on the things that scare me in my life, but I am a teacher, and I see every day what positivity, joy, laughter, and yep--love--can do when applied in daily practice to the lives of people learning who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment