15 January 2011

Show & Tell

Since late October, I have been directing a show at LHS.  We open on the 20th and, until today, I was really starting to worry whether or not we would get there.  Illness, snow days, winter break, and a thousand other setbacks have impeded our progress in ways I can only begin to describe, but today, when the backdrop was hung and the moon went up, as the costumes were tried on and mics tested, when the set pieces were finally painted and the orchestra began rehearsing, I saw and heard proof of what all this sweat and, yes, tears has been for.

And, as the snow begins to melt, I am starting to set my eyes on spring, on the thaw, on the great pageantry of life's renewal that happens every greening season.  Just like the earth which freezes and sets itself to sleeping through the long winter only bear fruit and blossom once the warm weather returns, this show is coming to life after months of cold and tedious toil.  I am excited.  I am thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment