03 August 2010

WBP

It's been a long time since I've discovered a group that had this great an impact on me.  While I hope they find success as a band, I'd rather they never become the kind of group you hear on the radio.  Knowing they belong to the few of us lucky enough to love them makes me feel a bit like I have the key to a room no one else knows exsits...a room filled as much with heartbreak as it is with hope, as much with beauty as it is with sweet ache of breaking down.

Recent events--too common and too sad to detail here--have made it nearly impossible for me to stop listening to them and to this song in particular.  If my life had a soundtrack right now, this would be the band scoring the highs and lows.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to break it to you - I saw the video for "Little Lion Man" on VH1 yesterday morning. They're the current "You Oughta Know" artist there, and 96.5 has been playing the you-know-what out of that song, too.

    They can have LLM, but we'll always have WBP. And Jewel.

    ReplyDelete